We administer local, state and federally funded grants to preserve and expand the availability of safe, sanitary and affordable housing in the
In addition to providing financial assistance through grants and interest free, deferred payment loans, we also develop
Affordable Housing Incentives
to encourage single and multi-family
affordable housing developments.
View the SHIP brochure for available programs.
Down-payment Closing Cost Assistance
You may qualify for up to $7,500 in down-payment and closing cost assistance through the Escambia County Housing Finance Authority.
More Home Buyers Education Classes
Classes are being held at various times throughout the year. Sign up for Homebuyer's Education Classes.
- Fair Housing
- (800) 440-8091
- If you have questions about Fair Housing call the number above or use the The Florida Relay Service Voice (statewide) by dialing 711
- View the Fair Housing poster
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- 1-800-669-6820 (TTY)
- If you have questions about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) call the number above
- Section 504 of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
- (800)669-9777 TTY (800)927-9275
- If you have questions about Section 504 of the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) call the numbers above
- Will U.S. Cities Design Their Way Out of the Affordable Housing Crisis? “Missing middle” architecture could ease rents…
- Gainesville Sun Editorial – Ensuring Local Housing is Affordable
- Ocala Star-Banner – Bad and Good News for Affordable Housing in Florida
- Daily Business Review – Realtors Push Lawmakers to Shrink Lease Tax, Fund Affordable Housing
- Palm Beach Post – Tiny House Village for the Homeless (Seattle)
- Housing Programs
- Ralston Reodica , Housing Programs Manager
- Email Housing Staff
- County Annex Building, 1st Floor
- 10 SW 2nd Avenue, Gainesville, Fl 32601
- Phone: 352-337-6284
- Fax: 352-381-0121
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:00 am-4:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am-1:00 pm
- Register for a Home Buyer Education Class.
- Homebuyers Checklist
- SHIP Applicant General Eligibility.
- SHIP Lenders Package.
- SHIP Approved Contractors
- SHIP - Other applicable forms.
- SHIP Certified Lenders.
- SHIP/NSP Certified Home Inspectors.
- 2013 SHIP Annual Report
- SHIP Annual Report 2009-2011.
- Affordable Housing Units Expedited Permitting Request
Homes For Sale