Evaluation and Update of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan: 2011-2030>
Alachua County is in the process of updating its Comprehensive Plan. Over the coming year, Alachua County will be engaged in a process of evaluation and appraisal of its Comprehensive Plan culminating in an update of the Plan. The work plan approved by the Alachua County Commission outlines the major components and general timeline for this process.
The Alachua County Comprehensive Plan: 2011–2030 is a longrange plan for guiding local decision-making and implementing our community’s vision. It consists of fifteen Elements addressing aspects of our community ranging from land use and transportation to natural resource protection in a policy framework adopted by the Alachua County Commission.
Public participation is a key component of this process and a requirement of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan. Your thoughts, ideas, and participation are needed to make this Plan Update a success. Please consider subscribing to our email list for news about the Update process as it unfolds, including upcoming opportunities for you to participate in shaping the future of our community.
County Commission & Local Planning Agency
Issue Discussions & Information
Alachua County Administration Bldg - 12 SE 1st St - Gainesville, FL
Board of County Commissioners
10:00 AM - Grace Knight Conference Room
5-01-2018: Economic Opportunity & Affordable Housing
4-17-2018: Public Facilities & Services
4-03-2018: Natural Resource Protection
3-20-2018: Land Use & Development Standards
Local Planning Agency
6:00 PM - Grace Knight Conference Room
5-30-2018: Economic Opportunity & Affordable Housing
6:00 PM - Jack Durrance Auditorium
4-18-2018: Natural Resource Protection/Public Facilities & Services
- Green Infrastructure in the Built Environment
- Green Infrastructure – Land Conservation
- Tree Clearing and Vegetation Management
- Transportation Mobility Plan Update
- Transportation Concurrency 2018
- Vision Zero
- Solid Waste LOS Renewable Energy
- Fire LOS Guidelines
- Community Health
- Intergovernmental Coordination-Annexation-BAA
3-21-2018: Land Use & Development Standards
As required by Florida Statutes, at least every seven years local governments in Florida must determine whether there is a need to amend their Comprehensive Plan to reflect changes in the State's Community Planning Act Ch. 163, Part II, F.S. since the previous update; Alachua County must notify the State of Florida of this determination by April 1, 2018, and then prepare and submit needed Plan amendments within one year. The County will also be evaluating and updating its Comprehensive Plan to reflect changes in local conditions.
Local issues for the Evaluation & Appraisal and update of the Comprehensive Plan have been identified based on input from the public, citizen advisory committees, community groups, County Commission, and county staff. Work Plan Presentations to citizen advisory committees, where they had the opportunity to discuss the issues and submit their input, are documented in the sidebar list.
The Local Planning Agency received an update presentation on February 21st summarizing local issues that have been identified and a draft copy of the Notification Letter to the state of Florida.
On March 13th, the County Commission approved the Notification Letter for signature by the Commission Chair.
Notification Letter to FDEO for BoCC 3-13-18
Chair Letter to FDEO 3-13-18
Work Plan Presentations to Advisory Committees
- Health Care Advisory Board 11-15-17
- GNV4ALL - Housing and Transportation Team 10-18-17
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Board 10-12-17
- MTPO Citizen Advisory Committee 10-11-17
- MTPO Technical Advisory Committee 10-11-17
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee 10-05-17
- Land Conversation Board 9-28-17
- Economic Development Advisory Committee 8-24-17
- Alachua County Environmental Protection Advisory Committee 8-1-2017
- Builder's Association of North Central Florida 7-31-2017
- Alachua County Rural Concerns Advisory Committee 7-18-17
- Alachua County Environmental Protection Advisory Committee 6-6-2017
- Alachua County Recreation and Open Space Advisory Committee 6-6-2017
- Healthy Communities Initiative 6-2-2017
What areas are most important to you?
Urban Area Development
No documents are available at this time×