Evaluation and Update of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan: 2011-2030
The 2017-2019 Update of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan is beginning. Over the next two years, Alachua County will be engaged in a process of evaluation and appraisal of its Comprehensive Plan culminating in an update of the Plan. The work plan approved by the Alachua County Commission outlines the major components and general timeline for this process.
Public participation is a key component of this process and a requirement of the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan. Your thoughts, ideas, and participation are needed to make this Plan Update a success. Please consider subscribing to our email list for news about the Update process as it unfolds, including upcoming opportunities for you to participate in shaping the future of our community.
The Alachua County Comprehensive Plan: 2011–2030 is a long-range plan for guiding local decision-making and implementing our community’s vision. It consists of fifteen Elements addressing aspects of our community ranging from land use and transportation to natural resource protection in a policy framework adopted by the Alachua County Commission.
As required by Florida Statutes, at least every seven years local governments in Florida must determine whether there is a need to amend their Comprehensive Plan to reflect changes in the State's Community Planning Act (Ch. 163, Part II, F.S.) since the previous update; Alachua County must notify the State of Florida of this determination by April 1, 2018, and then prepare and submit needed Plan amendments within one year. The County will also be evaluating and updating its Comprehensive Plan to reflect changes in local conditions.
Work Plan Presentations to Advisory Committees
- GNV4ALL - Housing and Transportation Team 10-18-17
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Board 10-12-17
- MTPO Citizen Advisory Committee 10-11-17
- MTPO Technical Advisory Committee 10-11-17
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee 10-05-17
- Land Conversation Board 9-28-17
- Economic Development Advisory Committee 8-24-17
- Alachua County Environmental Protection Advisory Committee 8-1-2017
- Builder's Association of North Central Florida 7-31-2017
- Alachua County Rural Concerns Advisory Committee 7-18-17
- Alachua County Environmental Protection Advisory Committee 6-6-2017
- Alachua County Recreation and Open Space Advisory Committee 6-6-2017
- Healthy Communities Initiative 6-2-2017
What areas are most important to you?
Urban Area Development
No documents are available at this time×