The Alachua County Department of Growth Management is proud to announce the release of our E-Permitting system. This system was designed in house with the purpose of providing the local building community with an easy to use, web based electronic permitting system to speed up the process of permitting projects that don’t require building plan review.
Who can sign up?
State licensed contractors who are currently registered with the Alachua County Building Department and have an Alachua County Certification number may sign up for E-Permitting.
How do I sign up?
Go to the E-Permitting login page to create an online account and begin E-Permitting.
All you need to provide us are the email addresses for yourself (the Qualifier) or
any Authorized signers that have already been registered with the Building Department. Please fill out this Email Registration form.
Once completed, please mail, fax it to 352-491-4510 or drop it off at the Building Department at 10 SW 2nd Ave. You will receive an email with directions to create a Growth Management Online Account for E-Permits.
Please fill out this Pre-Registration form.
Once completed, please mail or drop it off at the Building Department. Faxes will not be accepted. You will receive an email with directions to create a Growth Management Online Account for E-Permits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Design and Construction:
- Florida Building Code (FBC) 2014
- (FBC) Residential 2014
- (FBC) Existing Building 2014
- (FBC) Plumbing 2014
- (FBC) Fuel Gas 2014
- (FBC) Mechanical 2014
- (FBC) Test Protocols 2014
- (FBC) Energy 2014
- National Electric Code 2011 Edition
- Stair Building Code
Fire and Life Safety:
- Florida Fire Prevention Code 2007 Edition
- Florida Statutes Chapter 633
- Uniform Fire Code: NFPA 1 and Life Safety Code: NFPA 101, Florida 2006 Edition
- Building Department
- Greg Ferrone , Building Official
- County Annex Building, 1st Floor
- 10 SW 2nd Avenue, Gainesville, Fl 32601
- Phone: 352-374-5243
- Fax: 352-338-3224
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:00 am-4:00 pm
- Hours: Friday 8:00 am-1:00 pm